Coach Baseball Right Clinics and Seminars
We host coaching clinics and seminars all over North America - Washington, Tennessee, Missouri, Iowa, Illinois, Ontario, Canada...among other places! Our online and in-person coaching clinics and seminars help organization and league administrators, coaches, and parents better understand how to coach baseball and help develop kids personally and athletically no matter the age or skill level.
Coach Baseball Right Clinics and Seminars include, but are not limited to:
Possible Coach Baseball Right Clinic and Seminar Topics
- General Coaching Clinic
- Practice Planning
- Hitting Basics
- Teaching Hitting at Practice
- Base Running
- Defensive Instruction
- Start Baseball Right Alternative Tee Ball Program
- Administrator / Board Consulting and Programming
We have provided some clinic and seminar video archives and templates below for your use. Share this with your administrators, coaches, and parents as a resource they can access online from the comfort of their home or schedule a clinic or seminar by filling out the form below.
Clinic and Seminar Options
Contact us for a Coach Baseball Right Clinic and Seminar
If you're interested in discussing more on how to book a Coach Baseball Right Clinic / Seminar / Camp, please fill out the form below to contact us and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
"Stuck Home" 15-Day Online Mini-Clinic Series
Day 1 - Why we Coach?
Day 2 - Available Resources
Day 3 - Practice Planning
Day 4 - Start Baseball Right
Day 5 - Base Running 101
Day 6 - Throwing & Receiving
Day 7 - Infield
Day 8 - Outfield
Day 9 - Catcher 101
Day 10 - Cuts and Relays
Day 11 - Rundowns
Day 12 - Team Base Running
Day 13 - Hitting
Day 14 - Pitching
Day 15 - Conclusion
Sample Clinic and Seminar Templates
Sample Outline of Coaches Clinic
Practice Template Organization
- Base Running: Individual workouts and drills
- Playing Catch: What works and what doesn't
- Drill work by Defensive Position: Catcher, Infielders (1B, 2B, SS, 3B), Outfield
- Team Defense: Cuts and Relays, Rundowns, Bunt Defense
- Team Base Running: 1st to 3rd, 2nd to Home, Scenarios (flyballs, groundballs in infield, etc...)
- Linear vs Rotational (nothing wrong with either one)
- Common Myths that you need to know about!
- Mechanics are needed but do kids really know what pitching is?
- Pitching vs. Throwing
- Do your kids know what good pitchers do?
- How to throw a bullpen to get better?
- What is pitchingbackwards?
- Velocity, location, change speeds, movement: Which one is least important?
- How much is too much?
- Games vs. Practice
- One sport vs multi-sport athletes
- Communication and expectations of parents and players: Tell them why you coach!
- Playing multiple positions
- Expect something out of the kids: Hustle, wear the uniform right, introduce next level drills to keepthe engaged and coming back!
- What can you teach them when you win? loose? get a bad call?
- Umpire and Poor Calls: how to teach and help and when to teach/help
- Your Fans: How to keep them under control?
- Change your mind? Tell the kid first.
Sample Outline of Hitting Clinic
The Two Kinds of Hitting Techniques
- Rotational and Linear Hitting
- Both are good!
- Hitting Basics
- Linear vs. Rotational
Style vs Technique
- Style is a personal preference
- The younger the player, the style should be simplified
Historical Analysis of the Swing
- Both have been used through history
- Who were the coaches?
- Temporary shift in swings due to playing surfaces (i.e.astro turf)
- Shift back to -3
- What type of bat to practice hitting mechanics?
Why are there only a few young players have a swing that looks like the ones we see on TV
- Access to quality instruction
- Hitting is hotly debated
- People hold on to what they were taught
- Instruction needs to have video analysis
What Are We Really Seeing? A look at Pictures, Videos
- Hitting Basics
- 3 concepts of hitting
- What does it mean to "get your hips" in the swing?
- Where does power come from?
Should the Front Leg be Locked at Contact?
- Key element to video analysis
- Split second locking
Common hitting cues - Baseball Hitting Half-Truths
- Do hitters really "squish the bug"?
- Do hitters really “swing down”?
- Keep your back elbow up?
- Keep the shoulders level?
Impact of Sports Center,Internet, and video technology
- We know the intricacies about hitting more now
- Pushes hitting instruction to be better
- Young players now have access to what their swing should look like
What comes after mechanics?
- In and out - up and down
- Use of tee and front toss
- How to take batting practice
- Little Leaguers
- How do the13 year olds take batting practice?
What is an "approach" at the plate?
- Every hitter needs an approach at the plate
- The approach changes when the count changes
- Hitting practice needs to incorporate hitting approaches
What is the best way to teach the swing?
- Individual Hitting Instruction vs. Team Hitting Instruction
What can we do with a 5 year old?
- Focus on simplifying the swing
- Focus on the hitting basics
What should educated consumers look for in baseball instruction?
After studying and teaching hitting hundreds of hitting clients, I wanted to pass on to you some questions you MUST ask before you spend good money to hire a hitting instructor for your child.
- Parents need to really think about the instruction they are spending good money for their kids
- Do you use video and computer analysis in the teaching process?
- Is the instruction done in a group or individual?
- What are the 3 or 4 simple core concepts that you teach?
- Is there a difference between style and technique?
- Where does the power in the swing come from?
What It Takes to be a Good Hitter?