Coach Baseball Right hosts coaching clinics all over North America - Washington, Canada, Tennessee, Missouri, Iowa, Illinois... all over!
Our online and in-person clinics help coaches, parents, and organization leaders better understand how to coach a baseball team at any level and age and to help develop kids personally.
In addition, organizations who have partnered with us in our organizational programs, are able to have tools and resources to deliver a more consistent message and product to their community.
Below are videos and outlines from our latest Coaches and Hitting Clinics. Please view them share them to your community. Let us know how we can help you.
Sample Outline of our Coaches Clinic
Practice Template Organization
- Base Running: Individual workouts and drills
- Playing Catch: What works and what doesn't
- Drill work by Defensive Position: Catcher, Infielders (1B, 2B, SS, 3B), Outfield
- Team Defense: Cuts and Relays, Rundowns, Bunt Defense
- Team Base Running: 1st to 3rd, 2nd to Home, Scenarios (flyballs, groundballs in infield, etc...)
- Linear vs Rotational (nothing wrong with either one)
- Common Myths that you need to know about!
- Mechanics are needed but do kids really know what pitching is?
- Pitching vs. Throwing
- Do your kids know what good pitchers do?
- How to throw a bullpen to get better?
- What is pitchingbackwards?
- Velocity, location, change speeds, movement: Which one is least important?
- How much is too much?
- Games vs. Practice
- One sport vs multi-sport athletes
- Communication and expectations of parents and players: Tell them why you coach!
- Playing multiple positions
- Expect something out of the kids: Hustle, wear the uniform right, introduce next level drills to keepthe engaged and coming back!
- What can you teach them when you win? loose? get a bad call?
- Umpire and Poor Calls: how to teach and help and when to teach/help
- Your Fans: How to keep them under control?
- Change your mind? Tell the kid first.
Sample Outline of our Hitting Clinic
The Two Kinds of Hitting Techniques
- Rotational and Linear Hitting
- Both are good!
- Hitting Basics
- Linear vs. Rotational
Style vs Technique
- Style is a personal preference
- The younger the player, the style should be simplified
Historical Analysis of the Swing
- Both have been used through history
- Who were the coaches?
- Temporary shift in swings due to playing surfaces (i.e.astro turf)
- Shift back to -3
- What type of bat to practice hitting mechanics?
Why are there only a few young players have a swing that looks like the ones we see on TV
- Access to quality instruction
- Hitting is hotly debated
- People hold on to what they were taught
- Instruction needs to have video analysis
What Are We Really Seeing? A look at Pictures, Videos
- Hitting Basics
- 3 concepts of hitting
- What does it mean to "get your hips" in the swing?
- Where does power come from?
Should the Front Leg be Locked at Contact?
- Key element to video analysis
- Split second locking
Common hitting cues - Baseball Hitting Half-Truths
- Do hitters really "squish the bug"?
- Do hitters really “swing down”?
- Keep your back elbow up?
- Keep the shoulders level?
Impact of Sports Center,Internet, and video technology
- We know the intricacies about hitting more now
- Pushes hitting instruction to be better
- Young players now have access to what their swing should look like
What comes after mechanics?
- In and out - up and down
- Use of tee and front toss
- How to take batting practice
- Little Leaguers
- How do the13 year olds take batting practice?
What is an "approach" at the plate?
- Every hitter needs an approach at the plate
- The approach changes when the count changes
- Hitting practice needs to incorporate hitting approaches
What is the best way to teach the swing?
- Individual Hitting Instruction vs. Team Hitting Instruction
What can we do with a 5 year old?
- Focus on simplifying the swing
- Focus on the hitting basics
What should educated consumers look for in baseball instruction?
After studying and teaching hitting hundreds of hitting clients, I wanted to pass on to you some questions you MUST ask before you spend good money to hire a hitting instructor for your child.
- Parents need to really think about the instruction they are spending good money for their kids
- Do you use video and computer analysis in the teaching process?
- Is the instruction done in a group or individual?
- What are the 3 or 4 simple core concepts that you teach?
- Is there a difference between style and technique?
- Where does the power in the swing come from?
What It Takes to be a Good Hitter?
What questions should you ask before you hire a hitting instructor?
And much more!
Most Recent Coach Baseball Right Clinics
Want to see our past clinics? We are constantly adding the video footage from the clinics we have done in the past.
Host a Coach Baseball Right Clinic
We have many programs, in addition to our coaching clinics to help organizations, such as:
- Fundraising Program
- Player and Coach Retention
- Alternative Tee Ball Program (Start Baseball Right!)
- Board Consulting, Affiliate, Link and Resource Sharing, and much more!
If you're interested in finding out more on how to bring a Coach Baseball Right Coaching Clinic to your community, please go here.