Coach Baseball Right hosts Coaching Clinics all over North America. Our online and in-person clinics help coaches and parents better understand how to coach a baseball team at any level. It also helps organizations in our organizational program to deliver a more consistent message while providing their coaches with essential coaching tools.
Coach Baseball Right's Coaches Clinic (Entire Video)
Practice Template Organization
- Base Running: Individual workouts and drills
- Playing Catch: What works and what doesn't
- Drill work by Defensive Position: Catcher, Infielders (1B, 2B, SS, 3B), Outfield
- Team Defense: Cuts and Relays, Rundowns, Bunt Defense
- Team Base Running: 1st to 3rd, 2nd to Home, Scenarios (flyballs, groundballs in infield, etc...)
- Linear vs Rotational (nothing wrong with either one)
- Common Myths that you need to know about!
- Mechanics are needed but do kids really know what pitching is?
- Pitching vs. Throwing
- Do your kids know what good pitchers do?
- How to throw a bullpen to get better?
- What is pitching backwards?
- Velocity, location, change speeds, movement: Which one is least important?
- How much is too much?
- Games vs. Practice
- One sport vs multi-sport athletes
- Communication and expectations of parents and players: Tell them why you coach!
- Playing multiple positions
- Expect something out of the kids: Hustle, wear the uniform right, introduce next level drills to keep the engaged and coming back!
- What can you teach them when you win? loose? get a bad call?
- Umpire and Poor Calls: how to teach and help and when to teach/help
- Your Fans: How to keep them under control?
- Change your mind? Tell the kid first.
Coach Baseball Right's Hitting Clinic (Entire Video)
The Two Kinds of Hitting Techniques
- Rotational and Linear Hitting
- Both are good!
- Hitting Basics
- Linear vs. Rotational
Style vs Technique
- Style is a personal preference
- The younger the player, the style should be simplified
Historical Analysis of the Swing
- Both have been used through history
- Who were the coaches?
- Temporary shift in swings due to playing surfaces (i.e. astro turf)
- Aluminum bats
- Shift back to -3
- What type of bat to practice hitting mechanics?
Why are there only a few young players have a swing that looks like the ones we see on TV
- Access to quality instruction
- Hitting is hotly debated
- People hold on to what they were taught
- Instruction needs to have video analysis
What Are We Really Seeing? A look at Pictures, Videos
- Hitting Basics
- 3 concepts of hitting
- What does it mean to "get your hips" in the swing?
- Where does power come from?
Should the Front Leg be Locked at Contact?
- Key element to video analysis
- Split second locking
Common hitting cues - Baseball Hitting Half-Truths
- Do hitters really "squish the bug"?
- Do hitters really “swing down”?
- Keep your back elbow up?
- Keep the shoulders level?
Impact of Sports Center, Internet, and video technology
- We know the intricacies about hitting more now
- Pushes hitting instruction to be better
- Young players now have access to what their swing should look like
What comes after mechanics?
- In and out - up and down
- Use of tee and front toss
- How to take batting practice
- Little Leaguers
- How do the 13 year olds take batting practice?
What is an "approach" at the plate?
- Every hitter needs an approach at the plate
- The approach changes when the count changes
- Hitting practice needs to incorporate hitting approaches
What is the best way to teach the swing?
- Individual Hitting Instruction vs. Team Hitting Instruction
What can we do with a 5 year old?
- Focus on simplifying the swing
- Focus on the hitting basics
What should educated consumers look for in baseball instruction?
After studying and teaching hitting hundreds of hitting clients, I wanted to pass on to you some questions you MUST ask before you spend good money to hire a hitting instructor for your child.
- Parents need to really think about the instruction they are spending good money for their kids
- Do you use video and computer analysis in the teaching process?
- Is the instruction done in a group or individual?
- What are the 3 or 4 simple core concepts that you teach?
- Is there a difference between style and technique?
- Where does the power in the swing come from?
What It Takes to be a Good Hitter?
What questions should you ask before you hire a hitting instructor?
And many more topics...
Interested in us speak exclusively to your organization?