Start Baseball Right Youth Program
Time for a new introductory baseball experience not named tee ball
The tee ball experience can be really tough to watch and even tougher to coach. Most of the time kids struggle with staying engaged much less work on fundamentals. Coaches struggle with managing kids while trying to teach elements of the game. What has "worked" in the past, no longer works today. We have a solution.
We have worked with organizations and leagues across the U.S., Canada, and even Australia teaching their coaches and parents how to teach, manage, and coach their players. In most case, we recommend that they replace their tee ball programs with something that helps their youth players transition to a better baseball development track. We recommend Start Baseball Right.
Coach Baseball Right's Start Baseball Right Youth Program is designed to engage youth players in a quick paced, fundamentally focused 60 minute experience. No more tees, no more standing around. Instead, kids will learn different parts of the game through three experiences: fundamentals, fun-game "snippets" model after sections of a real game, and a quick paced scrimmage geared towards hustle and thinking a play ahead. Kids will have a blast! No doubt they will want to continue to play baseball the next time and be in a better position to develop and have fun!
Here's another reason why Start Baseball is different! It's really a training program for both players and adults who'll consider coaching in the future!
We spend a lot of time helping teach parents how to manage and teach the kids during these sessions! Before the kids even step on the field we teach two Parent Coach sessions on the following concepts:
- Understand the importance of coaching
- Understand why we coach (the good and bad reasons)
- Understand that we're models for the kids - so they're always watching and learning from our reactions
- Learn the flow, teaching, and management of a Start Baseball Right session with kids participating
- Learn how to set up a good practice with a focus on good pace
- Identify age appropriate expectations of the kids in our Start Baseball Right Youth Program session
- Learn the Start Baseball Right drills and learn how to teach them in sequential scaffolded and progressive manner
- Learn how to scaffold and teach fun games that mirror and help learn the game faster
Register for Upcoming Start Baseball Right Youth Program Sessions
Coach Baseball Right is now offering the following Start Baseball Right Youth Program sessions for 4 to 6 year old children and their parents. Please click on the following program session that best fits your area and needs.
If you're an organization and league administrator, who would like to learn more on implementing Start Baseball Right Youth Program, please contact us. We would love to help you.